Position Title: Computer System Administrator
Company: Dakota Valley Electric Cooperative
Location: Edgeley & Milnor, ND
Job Type: Fulltime
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate desired
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Manage and maintains computer systems and network needed to meet the needs of the Cooperative.
- Works on the operation and maintenance of the Cooperatives network, computer systems, and applications.
- Maintain desktop and server operating environments required to support these applications. Provide support to all employees on all IT systems and applications.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment. Set up equipment for employee use.
- Works to develop, monitor and maintain appropriate security levels to ensure continued system integrity of all IT systems and applications.
- Researches and recommends to department managers any improvements or upgrades of software and hardware.
- Performs other related work as may be assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous, friendly and professional manner when working with the public and coworkers, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand the Cooperatives network and computer systems operation, maintain these systems and recommend new system improvements.
- Excellent computer skills including Windows Server operation and maintenance, network hardware and software setup and maintenance, proficient in TCP/IP networking and ability to learn and administer proprietary software used by the cooperative.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently and efficiently, and possess skills to set daily, weekly, and monthly priorities.
- Must be able to troubleshoot computer, telecommunications and network systems.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a coop owned vehicle for occasional work travel and training.
- The physical demands of this position include frequent sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, lifting and/or carrying PCs or other necessary equipment.
- Normal office conditions with some irregular hours, some travel and overtime required.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or closely related IT field desired. Related IT work experience along with Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications considered as well.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Dakota Valley Electric Cooperative, is a recipient of federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and USDA civil rights regulations/policies, USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal/retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA; not all bases apply to all programs; remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA TARGET Center at (202)720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_ filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.