Pay by Credit Card
Dakota Valley Electric now offers payment by credit card, debit card or electronic check online or by telephone at (866) 418-4790. No more check writing, postage, late fees or trips to the mailbox. Plus, you can pay 24 hours a day. (Convenience fee applies. Please see fee structure below.)
Please note: This service may only be used to make payments on your electric bill. It may not be used to make payments for other services offered by the cooperative or its subsidiaries.
Dakota Valley Electric has partnered with an online credit/debit card payment service provider, who will process electric bill payments on our behalf.
A convenience fee of $5.95 for any payment up to $500 will apply. If you pay more than $500, an additional $5.95 will be charged. (You will have the option of canceling your transaction after seeing or hearing the exact convenience fee amount.)
The fee is collected and retained by our online credit/debit payment service provider. Dakota Valley Electric does not receive any of the money charged for using a credit/debit card or electronic check.
You may use this service to make a partial payment on your bill, but you will be charged a separate fee each time.
How to Pay
There are two easy ways to use your credit/debit card or electronic check to pay your energy bill:
If this is your first time paying online with a credit/debit card or check, here are step-by-step instructions to make it easy for you. Note that you will still have the option to cancel the payment after you enter your credit card information.
- Click here to go to the payment site.
- Enter the contact information and the *designated fields. Required fields are marked with a red triangle.
- Enter your e-mail address information so you can receive a confirmation of payment.
- Enter your credit card information.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Click on "Continue" to see the amount that will be charged to your credit, including the convenience fee.
- The page that appears will show your energy payment, the convenience fee, and the total amount that will be charged to your credit/debit card. This page also gives you the option of accepting or canceling the transaction. This is your last chance to cancel.
- If you click "Make Payment" you will receive a payment confirmation page listing your billing information and a confirmation number. Please note the confirmation number in case you have any questions later.
Our online credit/debit card payment service uses 128-bit encryption, one of the industry's most secure transaction environments.
Payment By Phone
You can also make credit card, debit card or electronic check payments by calling (866) 418-4790. The same fee structure will apply (see above).
For More Information
If you have other questions or need more information about paying your energy bill by credit/debit card or electronic check, please e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 342-4671.